MySims introduces a charming cast of whimsical characters while delivering the creativity, customization and classic open-ended gameplay that has enchanted Sims players worldwide. Players begin by creating their own toy-like Sim that reflects their personal style and attitudes. From pig-tails and baseball caps to dreadlocks and Mohawks, the options are endless and the style is unlike any Sims game to date. By unlocking cool new clothing, hairstyles and accessories, players explore the game’s incredible depth of customization and expression… and the characters are just the beginning!
Transforming the traditional Sims gameplay for the Wii and Nintendo DS platforms, MySims moves the player to a delightful but disorganized town where – thanks to the easy and unique controls – they can re-shape everything and make it their own. The town is rundown, but the player can make it much more dynamic. Using a selection of building blocks, unique patterns and engaging creativity tools, players can design furniture and appliances, architect new homes and businesses, and re-define the entire MySims landscape!
As players explore and build up the town, they will get to know dedicated, long-time residents like the always-busy Mayor Rosalyn P. Marshall and Buddy – the mostly-lazy hotel Bellhop. Once things start to look up, they’ll meet and choose from a variety of colorful, would-be residents. Will they build a restaurant for Gino Delicioso the Italian Chef, or will they help Ocean Breeze set up his Yoga studio instead?
Design is everyone’s domain in MySims. From building a new Pizza Oven for Gino to putting the finishing touches on a new roof for Buddy’s busy hotel, each completed task will help the town grow. As it expands to new areas, players will receive special building blocks, decorations and patterns which help customize their unique creations. From furniture and buildings to the town as a whole, every choice informs how residents and visitors feel and behave.
“We want MySims to provide a creative play experience like never before on a video game system,” said Executive Producer Tim LeTourneau. “By giving players the tools to create literally any kind of world they want in MySims, we’re reinforcing the idea that the players create the magic. Will the town support a plethora of spooky, mysterious townsfolk – or buzz with the laughter and smiles of fun-loving Sims? It’s your call! In MySims, what players make… makes all the difference!”
MySims will be available for the Wii and Nintendo DS platforms in Autumn 2007.
MySims is the first game in a revolutionary new line from the developers of the blockbuster franchise The Sims™, designed exclusively for the Wii and Nintendo DS platforms. Explore a whole new world that’s yours to transform with MySims. Socialize with the locals and uncover all sorts of useful and surprising treasures hidden throughout the town. Accessible and intuitive controls make it enjoyable to create Sims, build their homes, and interact with other Sims and their world. For more information check out www.Mysims.com
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world’s leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for videogame systems, personal computers, cellular handsets and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTSTM, EATM, EA SPORTS BIGTM and POGOTM. In fiscal 2006, EA posted revenue of $2.95 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA’s homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA’s products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
Electronic Arts, EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS BIG, POGO, MySims and The Sims are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Wii and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
• Build and customize an entire town—Your town is your own unique creation, from the flower shop to a mad scientist’s laboratory and beyond. Collect special blocks to construct one-of-a-kind build-ings.
• Shape the community—It’s your call who lives there and who moves out! Who will you befriend? Who will you ignore?
• A whole world to explore—Socialize with the locals and uncover all sorts of useful and surprising treasures hidden throughout the town.
• Create your own Sim—It’s a cinch to personalize your Sim’s appearance from head to toe with the Wii™ controls. Unlock cool new clothing and acces-sories as you befriend the neighbors.
• Design your own stuff—Decorate with your very own furniture and accessories, then customize your creations with things you can grow, harvest, or dis-cover around town.
• Accessible and intuitive controls make it enjoyable to create Sims, build their homes, and interact with other Sims and their world.
• Entertaining, humorous, open-ended gameplay gives you the freedom to discover creative possibilities, inviting exploration every step of the way—with plenty of opportunities for fun, failure, and mischief!
• MySims will also be released simultaneously on Nintendo DS™ with an entire unique set of Nintendo DS-specific features!
No news is good news.